Cookson Communications is a downtown Manchester, New Hampshire-based communications agency specializing in public relations, content creation, creative design and branding, digital services, marketing and custom consulting services. We are a small, cohesive team that enjoys helping our clients address opportunities and solve problems in creative and strategic ways. We are seeking a full-time account manager to play an integral role on our team. We are looking for ambitious and experienced communicators, writers and thinkers who enjoy creating compelling content that reflects each client’s voice and messaging. This individual will help manage client accounts, play a lead role in social media marketing and help raise public awareness for our clients through a variety of additional communications and marketing vehicles. The position reports to the CEO and will be part of a team that directly interfaces with clients.
- Coordinate and manage client relationships, including communications, social media, marketing and advertising.
- Take a lead role in developing, drafting and implementing social media plans using a variety of channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok.
- Serve as the designated social media strategist for Cookson Communications.
- Schedule and monitor social media posts and engage with followers while using tools such as Sprout Social and TweetDeck, among others.
- Craft client social media reports that measure campaign performance.
- Interact with clients on communications plans and opportunities and conduct client or customer interviews to gather information for press releases, blogs and other content.
- Research, write and edit compelling content associated with the communications strategies for our clients including press releases, blogs, opinion pieces, bylined articles, website copy and others.
- Collaborate with team members on brainstorming and strategy sessions and participate in client meetings.
- Stay on top of social media, communications and marketing trends and best practices.
- Have a general comfort level working with clients across several industries at one time and serving as their day-to-day contact.
- Participate in client events or other promotional activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing or journalism.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a marketing or communications position, either in-house or with an agency.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with attention to detail – samples will be requested.
- Experience with social media management in a professional setting. Must be comfortable working independently and leading social media strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media best practices.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience with digital marketing tools, campaigns, ad buys, Google AdWords and SEO.
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple clients and work on tight deadlines.
- Excellent client management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with project management systems such as Monday.com and Asana.
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Digital design skills and knowledge of web development processes and tools are a plus.
- Prior agency experience preferred. Individuals who are enthusiastic self-starters and believe they would thrive in an agency setting, will also be considered.
Cookson Communications offers a competitive benefits package that includes holiday and vacation pay, healthcare, 401k with a match and the opportunity to work with a fun and talented team right off Elm Street in downtown Manchester, N.H.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the job title in the email subject line.